This is how you should install ESPN and activate the same on your Roku player
ESPN, a major sports event broadcaster can now be streamed on Roku. Anyone who has issues in activating the channel on their Roku player can find detailed instructions and troubleshooting steps here on our website. The instructions are clear enough to do the Espn.com/activate process.
Check if you are eligible for ESPN
Live sports events and other sports shows of the ESPN network are accessible to Pay TV subscribers. To check if a Pay-TV provider provides access to its subscribers, users should first install ESPN on their Roku device and try linking the same.
Users who forego a Pay TV subscription payment or cancel it can watch news, features, analysis, clips, and highlights. However, those who have a subscription to Pay Television provider that is not listed won’t be able to live stream ESPN programs or activate the channel. Also, ESPN can’t be subscribed as a standalone channel, as the channel does not allow it. Hence, users won’t be able to qualify for ESPN+ service. Moreover, users can’t activate ESPN live events if they have subscribed to a lower-tier television subscription.
Install & activate the ESPN network services on Roku players
Users who have not added ESPN to their Roku streaming device can do it on their computer, mobile devices, or Roku players.
How to do the ESPN activate on your Roku streaming player?
If you browse through the sports section on the Roku Home Screen, you will be able to find ESPN. To make it faster, you can simply search for the channel with the Roku search option. Once you get the search results, you should simply highlight the name and channel and add it followed by hitting the OK option. You can now find ESPN on the Roku’s channel list.
Installing ESPN on an Internet browser
The Espn.com/activate process can also be done by visiting the official Roku website. Browse through the website and add the channel by following the on-screen instructions or guide on the website.
Want to activate ESPN and/or ESPN+? Read below
Once you have added ESPN, you will be able to surf through all the content of ESPN. However, you can’t watch any of the channel’s live shows without activating your ESPN subscription.
Below is the guide to do Espn com activate installation on your Roku player:
- On the Roku device go to ESPN
- Once you see the Home Screen, go to Settings
- If you have a Pay TV subscription, select the name of the service provider and activate live Television. Note down the activation code that you see on the screen. Since this code will be valid for a stipulated time, you need to act fast. Or else, you will have to start from the beginning
- Visit Espn.com/activate using your phone or personal computer
- After you key in the unique code, click the Continue option
- On the next screen, you should choose you streaming TV, cable, or satellite service provider
- You should then sign in using your television service provider login information. In case, you are not aware of the login info, then get in touch with the service provider
- If you are an ESPN+ subscriber, then log in to the account with valid details
- Visit es.pn/Roku either on your mobile device or a computer
- You should then enter your ESPN activation code and continue
- ESPN should now get activated in sometime. If you own many Roku devices, you should all your devices one by one. You should also activate your ESPN subscription on your devices.
If you need more information on ESPN activation on Roku players, browse through our website.